Saturday, 12 July 2014

Current Favourites!

It's current favourites time! The last few months I have been trying to use up products in my skin care stash. So first up is the Raspberry body butter from my favourite place The Body Shop. Firstly the scent is amazing and I find lingers on my skin all day. The texture is a lot thicker than the usual body butters and sinks into the skin well and leave me silky smooth. I will have to buy another tub as my boyfriend has become quite a fan too and scoops it out of the tub - I cant be the only one who gets OCD about this?

Next up is a gradual tanner. Now a few weeks ago I use to be the queen of spray tanning but it was becoming an expensive habit and of late I have really been liking the "less is more" look. Now I haven't been completely oh natural (I would look like Caspar otherwise) but I have been loving the shuttle hint of a sun kissed glow. The Garnier Body Moisturising Lotion Sun Kissed Look is fantastic at making my skin look healthy and making me look alive. it also has a nice scent (I'm a sucker for a luscious scent) My advice when using this product is to wash your hands after which is so obvious but I learnt this the hard way.


Now going with my less is more theme I am trying to embrace the freckles.... oh yeah! Years of plastering foundation on my face to cover them up has come to an end! I have been on the hunt for a light to medium coverage foundation and on my weekly trip to Boots I came across this bad boy! Rimmel Perfect Match foundation in the Shade 200 Soft Baige. I love the formula of this product as its light yet buildable also it doesn't have that horrible foundation smell. Another bonus is it has SPF 18.
 





Moving onto the last beauty favourite is Bourjois Rogue Edition Velvet in the shade Pink Pong. This is classic summer time pink which can be worn in the day as a bold lip or added to a glam evening look. The staying power of this product is amazing, in fact at first I did have trouble removing it with just a face wipe but I found more oil based cleansers get the job done. I have been wearing this product everyday since I brought it and I love the matte finish it gives and of course the staying power.
 
 

A favourite book I have been enjoying lately is The Fault in our starts by John Green. I am a fussy reader and normally cant stomach a lovey dovey book. im more of a thriller and horror gal. But the way John Green pulls you in with his style of writing from the first page is amazing I was hooked. I know it is more aimed at teens but I feel it is a book people of all ages can enjoy. In a nutshell the story is about a girl with termal cancer who meets a gorgeous young man at her support group and the tale goes on..... ( im rubbish at trying to explain and not give the plot away.)
 
What are your current favourites?
 
Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment