I love a bold lip all year round but as we slowly venture out of winter I put away the dark reds and purples and whack out the bright pinks, nudes and orange lipstick. During the summer I tend to wear less eye make - up as it just melts off my face...literally....I never knew eyelids could sweat. So I find that the summer is a great time to carry off a bold lip.
#1 Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade 06 Pink Pong
This shade isn't new in the blogging community but when I heard everyone rave about them I had to take advantage of my Boots points and pick up a few shades. Firstly I was drawn to the colour (I probably have many lipsticks in this shade) but I feel that this screams SUMMER! The application of this is smooth and easy and the staying power is brilliant. when removing this lipstick I would recommend using an oil based cleanser. With this shade I can really take my look from day to night.
#2 The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in the shade 201 Red Hot Raspberry
I have a huge obsession with The Body Shop skincare but never really took much notice of their make up range but I am glad I finally did. This shade is from their colour crush range and the shades range from dusty nudes to bright orange. I decided to opt for something in the middle and chose this shade. The application is easy but I do find this lipstick smudges so best to be used with a lip liner. I love the smell of this lipstick and always get compliments when I wear it. The staying power is not as good as the Bourjois lipsticks so I do find I have to apply this frequently throughout the day. Saying that this has been my go to lipstick for work as its fairly subtle and easy to wear.
#3 NYX Xtreme lip cream in the shade 01 Dolly GirlI never really used NYX cosmetics until I noticed they started stocking them at my local Next store. I was instantly drawn to the pink shades ( of course!). I like the wand of this and find that the colour is really buildable if you want the colour to really pop! I find this lip cream really moisturising on the lips without that "sticky hair in lip gloss" vibe.
#4 Revlon Colourburst in the shade 040 Rendezvous Next on the Revlon Colourburst I have many wintery shades but decided as we are in summer to pick up something a little more bright. I went for this orangey shade and I love it. Its something so different to what I normally would wear and due to the "pen" like shape application is easy. the only negative thing I would say is that the smell is horrible...well in my opinion but I normally coat it with a clear gloss to avoid the smell lingering.
#5 Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade 04 Peach Club
Lastly another Bourjois Rouge Edition in the shade Peach Club. I'm not normally a nude wear so decided to step out my comfort zone and pick this up. The shade in my opinion is a orangey nude and looks great when I have fake tan on. again as mentioned I love the application and staying power of these products.
![]() |
| From top - bottom Pink Pong . Red Hot Raspberry . Dolly Girl . Rendezvous . Peach Club |
What are your top summer lipsticks?
Jasmine
x


During the summer I love to break outside of my nude lipstick comfort zone and wear bright shades - I love the look of everything that you've picked in this post.. I recently bought one of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks in Hot Pepper and I absolutely love it.. I love how well it stays throughout the day and how non-drying and comfortable it feels on the lips. I definitely want to pick up a few more shades and Pink Pong is next on my list! x
ReplyDeleteRachael | overdosedemaquillage.com ♥